My Bible Scripture Online Bible  
Toggle Content .:: Bible Verses :: King James Bible :: Bible Forums :: Register ::.
Toggle Content Google Ads

Toggle Content Main Menu
 Bible Verses Members options Search
 Search

Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Toggle Content 5 Most Popular Verses

Toggle Content Last 5 Articles

Forums - The Bible - Where in the Bible... - Meaning? Genius 2;24
Meaning? Genius 2;24
Where in the Bible can I find...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index - Where in the Bible...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethal55

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Meaning? Genius 2;24 Reply with quote

2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

So does this mean, when we take a husband/ or wife that we forget about our parents when in need, for our husband/wife...if it isn't convenate for us?
thnk-u-jesus1

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Meaning? Genius 2;24 Reply with quote

It just means that you are one, for all eternity, and that the two of you are of independence from your parents who raised. I means you don't rely on them anymore. You don't forget, or shun, or anything like that. You must always love and respect your parents, which the bible also teaches us. It's just kind of like, a chick being protected under its mother's wing, and it one day leaves from the protection of the wing, to find its own mate, and have its own offspring and live its own life. It doesn't mean the bird won't still interact with its parents; it just mean they don't rely on them. See now?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index - Where in the Bible... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: